Your printer depends on all its parts to function properly, but when one of those parts is damaged, figuring out how to repair it on your own can be complicated.
At STPT, we believe office equipment should be dependable; it should run optimally and interrupt your work as little as possible, so we’ve put together this series of how-to guides to make the replacement process easier for you.
Replacing some damaged printer parts on your own can save a lot of time and money, but every printer model is different, and many printer parts have different configurations, replacement time intervals, and service needs.
At STPT, we make it our goal to provide quality printing information that is easy to understand, so you know where to go to find answers to your print questions.
Using a how-to guide streamlines the learning process, so you can rely on a knowledgeable print expert to walk you through the replacement process in a few easy steps.
Our top-notch service technician, Matthew, is going to walk you through the drum cartridge replacement process for the new Xerox VersaLink B625 He’ll go through it all step-by-step, so you don’t miss a beat.
As a service technician at STPT, Matthew simplifies printer maintenance. His how-to quick printer fixes on YouTube have been a big hit, so he’s providing a quick, easy-to-read tutorial for those of you who prefer written directions.
Take the pressure off by trusting our STPT printer specialists to help you through it. With almost 40 years in the business, our team has the expertise to make the replacement process quick and easy for you.
Drums (Imaging Kit) Replacement for a Xerox VersaLink B625
Xerox Imaging Kits or Drum units are specially designed to help your printer transfer toner powder to paper to form images. It is electrically charged and is necessary component of the printing process.
Imaging kits are designed to work with specific models of printers and are made to be easy to replace so customers can get back to work as soon as possible.
Sometimes it helps to have someone walk you through the process step-by-step, so in this how-to guide, Matthew explains how to replace the drum cartridge on the NEW Xerox VersaLink B625 printer.
Different machines have different supply items and settings. That’s why it is important to follow the instructions specific to your Xerox printer model. For more information about replacing other parts on different Xerox printer models, check out:
Let’s uncomplicate printer maintenance by walking through toner replacement. You can follow the process by reading the written instructions provided below (with pictures) or you can watch the video linked at the top of the blog.
Part One: Remove Old or Damaged Drum Unit
1. Open your printer’s front door or cover. It will open and swing to the left.
2. First, remove your toner by pulling it straight out using the orange handle.
3. Now, you will see your imaging unit, also called a drum. There is another orange handle on the top.
4. Do not touch the blue roll on the back of the imaging unit. Doing so can cause damage.
Part Two: Insert New Drum Cartridge
1. That was simple, right? Going back in is almost just as simple. Take your new drum cartridge out of the box.
2. Being careful not to touch the blue roll on the back of the unit, locate the two small black wheels on the side of the drum cartridge.
3. The black wheels sit on the black guides located on each side of the printer.
4. Lay the wheels on the guides and slowly push the drum cartridge in until it clicks into place.
5. Then, you will place your toner cartridge back in the machine using the grooves on its sides. The grooves fit in the same guides as the imaging unit. Slide the toner cartridge into place.
For more information on how to replace the toner cartridge on the new VersaLink B625 printer, check out our guide for that here.
6. Shut the cover on your printer.
And that’s it! You’re done.
Your new drum unit should be properly installed so you can get back to work without any printer maintenance hassles.
Need Another Quick Printer Fix?
If you want to make your printer’s maintenance quicker and easier, check out our YouTube channel.
The Printing Workshop gives you free access to all our YouTube video tutorials. Let our service technicians and print experts walk you through simple tech solutions for your Xerox printer.
Have a Problem with Your Copier Printer that isn’t a quick fix? Reach out to us. We’d love to help.