Copier printer maintenance can be daunting.
But the fact is that your copier printer needs routine maintenance, and sometimes, parts even need to be replaced.
Luckily, Xerox makes this easy with parts that can be easily replaced by users without the assistance of service technicians. However, even with these easily changed parts, it can be helpful to check out some how-to guides before getting started.
That’s why we’re going to provide you with instructions that will help you quickly replace the transfer belt cleaner on Xerox WorkCentre 7500s and AltaLink C8000s machines.
The replacement process for the transfer belt cleaner varies between models, which can make it complicated for people who don’t know much about printer maintenance, and the relatively simple process of changing parts can be made even more complicated by poorly written instruction inserts.
Luckily, watching someone else replace this part on the same Xerox machine or reading a quick how-to article before you try replacing a part on your own is a great, easy way to save yourself valuable time.
At STPT, we make it our goal to provide quality printing information that is easy to understand, so you know where to go to find answers to your print questions. We want to make sure your office equipment is never a point of stress in your life.
Our top-notch service technician, Matthew, is going to walk you through the replacement process step-by-step.
In this blog, he’ll explain how to quickly change the transfer belt cleaner on several different Xerox printer models so you can get back down to business.
As a service technician at STPT, Matthew simplifies printer maintenance. His how-to quick printer fixes on YouTube have been a big hit, so he’s put together this article to provide a quick, easy-to-read tutorial for those of you who prefer written directions.
Take the pressure off by trusting our STPT printer specialists to help you through it. With almost 40 years in the business, our team has the expertise to make the replacement process quick and easy for you.
Transfer Belt Cleaner Replacement for Xerox WorkCentre 7500s and AltaLink C8000s Series Printers
Xerox Transfer Belt Cleaners are specially designed to help your printer produce the best, most reliable image quality for all your print jobs.
Xerox Transfer Belt Cleaners are designed to work with specific copier printer models and are also made to be easy to replace so you can get back to work as soon as possible.
However, it sometimes helps to have someone walk you through the process step-by-step.
In this how-to guide, Matthew explains how to replace the transfer belt cleaner for the following compatible Xerox models:
• WorkCentre 7530
• WorkCentre 7535
• WorkCentre 7545
• WorkCentre 7556
• WorkCentre 7830
• WorkCentre 7835
• WorkCentre 7845
• WorkCentre 7855
• WorkCentre 7970
• AltaLink 8030
• AltaLink 8035
• AltaLink 8045
• AltaLink 8055
• AltaLink 8070
For the purposes of this how-to guide, Matthew will be walking through the replacement process on a Xerox AltaLink C8070 model, but the process is the same for any compatible printer model.
The AltaLink 8000 series replaced the WorkCentre 7800 series; however, the AltaLinks have recently been updated to the AltaLink 8100s. This is a mid-level multifunction machine that prints, copies, scans, and faxes.
Let’s uncomplicate printer maintenance by walking through toner replacement. You can follow the process by reading the written instructions provided below (with pictures) or you can watch the video linked at the top of the blog.
Part One: Remove Transfer Belt Cleaner
1. Open the front cover on your machine.
2. The transfer belt cleaner is located on the printer face by the letter-number combination R6.
3. Remove the orange cover over the knob by turning it clockwise (to the right.)
4. Turn the knob counterclockwise until it pops out.
5. Grab the whole assembly and pull it straight out. This may take some force.
6. Take your new roll out of the box, along with a bag for easy clean up.
7. Wrap the cleaner in the bag and finish removing it from the printer. If you don’t use the bag, you are likely to make a big mess.
8. Now, you will prepare to insert the new transfer belt cleaner. Locate the orange line on top of it.
9. Be careful not to damage the clear shield along the edge of the transfer belt cleaner. You will use the guide on the top of the transfer belt cleaner to insert it.
10. Place the guide into the slot under the white bracket and push it in until you hear a click. It may take some force to get it in.
11. Push the orange knob in and turn it clockwise (to the right) until it catches. Then, you will turn the knob cover latch back counterclockwise (to the left) to cover the knob once again. You will know it is complete when the arrows line up with the lock.
12. Shut the cover on your printer.
And you’re done!
Need Another Quick Printer Fix?
If you want to make your printer’s maintenance quicker and easier, check out our YouTube channel.
The Printing Workshop gives you free access to all our YouTube video tutorials. Let our service technicians and print experts walk you through simple tech solutions for your Xerox printer.
Have a Problem with Your Copier Printer that isn’t a quick fix? Reach out to us. We’d love to help.