VersaLink C625 Review
I hope you came to this article looking for an all-in-one, or multifunction printer, that can print, copy, scan, and fax documents in color and black and white.
Great, because if so, then you’re in the right place. The Xerox VersaLink C625 sounds like it could be for you. But how do you know if it’s the exact office machine you are looking for?
We are a proud diamond partner of Xerox; we have vast knowledge of our product arsenal and can help you cover what you need to make the best-informed decision for yourself. Hopefully, that’s the VersaLink C625 Printer.
Xerox VersaLink C625 Basics
Here are some general statistics and information to help you get a feel for print speed, volume, resolution, and cost:
Print Speed: Up to 55 ppm (pages per minute)
Recommended Average Monthly Print Volume: Up to 20,000 pages per month
Monthly Duty Cycle: Up to 150,000 pages per month
Processor: quad Core 1.2GHz
Print Memory (standard/max): 4 GB System memory
Print Resolution: 1200 X 2400 dpi (dots per inch)
Copy Resolution: 600 x 600 dpi
First-Copy-Out Time Printing: As fast as 6.3 seconds for color and 5.7 seconds for black-and-white
First-Print-Out Time: As fast as 8.1 seconds for color and 6.2 seconds for black-and-white
Cost: Starting at around $2,999
For a look at the VersaLink C625 base model, see the picture below:
Xerox VersaLink C625 Key Features
Now, let’s look at some of the key features that come with the VersaLink C625 printer:
Touchscreen Interface and App Gallery
The Xerox VersaLink C625 contains a customizable, seven-inch tablet-like touchscreen that allows you a simple and effective way to complete printing tasks.
You can tailor the user interface to your business’s goals by choosing from the numerous applications found on Xerox’s App Gallery. A few examples include:
• Track and Trace, for only $20 per device, you can keep track of all the supplies you have delivered to keep maintenance up on your device. When you get batches of new toner and printer paper, wouldn’t be nice to know the order, carrier and be able to visualize proof of delivery. You can do so now.
• Xerox Note Converter, which uses Google’s AI technology to convert handwritten notes into a Microsoft Word document. The price of the app is $5 a month, $49 a year, and $119 for three years.
The Xerox App Gallery contains several applications that can aid in office productivity. For more information on the different kinds of apps, read the following blogs:
• Four Best Apps for the Educational Environment
• Four Printer Apps for the Legal Environment
• Top 10 Xerox Printer Apps
The touchscreen interface and app gallery are a part of Xerox’s Connect Key technology, which, among other things, gives you the ability to convert hard-copy records into accessible cloud-based documents and allows you to control your printer from your smartphone.
The VersaLink C625 contains a four-point approach to security that’ll help prevent, detect, and protect against cyberattacks at all points of vulnerability.
According to Xerox’s website, these include:
• Protection from malicious attacks
• Protection from unauthorized access changes or breaches that could lead to downtime.
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Tools containing proactive features that constantly monitor, detect, and block threats in real-time.
• Store and Recall Driver Settings
Some security measures involve a comprehensive Firmware Verification test upon printer activation. Further security enhancements by Xerox’s external partnership with Cisco and their Identity Services Engine (ISE) provide dynamic detection and classification of network endpoints.
Xerox VersaLink C625 Accessories and Upgrades
Let’s look at the different configuration options that will allow you to customize and upgrade your machine in ways that best optimize your business needs:
Standard Printer Accessories
• Single-Pass Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (DADF) saves time by scanning both sides of two-sided documents up to 100 sheets of custom sizes.
• Intuitive, tablet-like, 7-inch tiltable touch screen that allows for a personalized workplace assistant. User-friendly design, similar to your smartphone.
• 100-Sheet Bypass Tray handles sizes ranging from 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14in/76.2 x 217mm to 216 x 356 mm
Optional Printer Accessories
• 500-sheet Tray (up to 4 additional trays) adds up to 2,850 pages custom sizes 4.1 x 5.8 in. to 8.5 x 14 in/ 105 x 148 mm to /216 x 356 mm
• Wireless network Adapter
• 500+GB Hard Disk
• Card Reader Kit
You should always consult with your vendor before purchasing any accessories. This is smart to do because it avoids any complications with dimensions, spacing, and pricing with your order.
Here’s a look at what the VersaLink C625 could look like with additional upgrades:
2 Pros of the Xerox VersaLink C625
To get a better feel for the advantages of purchasing the VersaLink C625, let’s look at some of the main pros associated with the machine:
1. Superb Print Quality and Speed
With a print resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi, the VersaLink C625 delivers high-quality prints at speeds of up to 52 ppm (B&W letter) and 50ppm (B&W A4), meaning it can print at an effective level.
The high print resolution applies to both black-and-white and color prints, resulting in color vibrancy, sharp text, and fine-line detail.
2. Quick scanning and printing from Cloud Storage Services
Being able to quickly access files and documents from your Google Drive folder and printing it sounds seamless. If you don’t want to be running late having your documents ready for a last-minute situation, then this solution of Connect for Google Drive is a game-changer for you.
Generally, investing in a long-term printing solution will cost you more in the short term but save you more in the long run.
This is because the supplies and upkeep for cheaper retail options can be expensive and difficult to find. Most cheap printing options are built as short-term replacements and are not ideal for workplaces that have a large print volume.
2 Cons of the Xerox VersaLink C625
Now that we’ve covered some of the positives regarding the VersaLink C625, let’s go over some of the negatives that you need to consider before making a purchasing decision:
- High Capacity Feeder NOT available on this model
Unlike its predecessor, the VersaLink C605, the VersaLink C625 does not have the option to add a 2,000-sheet Capacity Feeder. It only has the ability to come with four total trays, making its total paper capacity 2,850.
2. Lack of Finishing Options
Another con to the VersaLink C625 is its limited number of print finishing options you can execute on the machine.
Besides basic stapling and collating, the VersaLink C625 cannot perform other finishing options, such as hole punch for documents. You do get the convenience stapler as an optional attachment, but automatic stapling, hole punching and folding options are not available on this device.
If you need a color multifunction printer with more advanced finishing options, the AltaLink C8135 could be an option for you.
Xerox VersaLink C625 Cost
As listed previously, the base cost of the VersaLink C605 is around $2,999. This is around $1,800 less than its predecessor the C605. Normally when you upgrade, you pay more, so getting to spend less for improved features is a benefit nowadays.
Another thing to keep in mind is you will need to buy a separate Wireless Connectivity Kit to set up WIFI for the VersaLink C625 model. You can purchase the WIFI accessory for around $50.
Who Is the Xerox VersaLink C625 a Good Fit for?
The VersaLink C625 would be a good fit for:
• Small-to-medium-sized businesses that need a color printer with a medium monthly print volume (Up to 20,000 pages per month).
• Those looking to purchase an efficient printer with advanced technological features, such as touchscreen navigation and additional apps that can aid in office productivity.
• Those looking to make a long-term printing investment for their workplace.
If you fall into one of these categories, then you would be a candidate for the VersaLink C625. However, it's always a good idea to evaluate your specific printing goals with a business consultant before purchasing.
If you ever need help with understanding how to use your color printer, try out this article which is very helpful when it first arrives.
Who Is the Xerox VersaLink C625 Not a Good Fit for?
The VersaLink C625 would not be a good fit for:
• Businesses that require a print-only machine.
• Those who require a black-and-white printer only.
• Businesses that don’t need to print over 20,000 pages a month.
If you fall into one of these categories, then this is not the model for you. Read our blog on how to choose a printer for your budget and business needs to help with choosing the right model for you.
Think the Xerox VersaLink C625 Is Right for You?
The VersaLink C625 is a quality option for workgroups of 5-10 daily users who need an efficient color multifunction printer to act as their office’s permanent printing solution.
However, workgroups that need a single-function device, a black-and-white-only printer or a more robust printing solution that has a larger print volume and more configuration options, will need to look at another model.
Buying a long-term printer for your office should not be a rash decision. Look at some of the other options on the market if you haven’t already and assess which one would be the best fit for you.
If you decide the VersaLink C625 is the one for you, and you need a trusted partner to provide you with the machine, we will be here for you.
Our goal is to make your office printing equipment the least of your worries, so you can focus on what matters: Your business.
If you’re interested in the Xerox VersaLink C625 or want to discuss your other options, reach out to us and we will find the perfect solution for you.